How to Clone Cannabis Plants? – A Complete Guide 2019
As a Weed Grower, you must have definitely heard the word “Plant Cloning of the Cannabis”. Growers are aware of the weed growing process by using seeds. But you can also grow a Marijuana Plant with Cloning Cannabis Plants.
Weed Growing With Clone Cannabis Plants is slightly different than the plant growing from the Marijuana Seed. You need to take many precautions while cloning if you are not experienced in cloning cannabis plants.
How to Clone Cannabis Plants?
Here You will get step by step instruction guide to clone cannabis plants. Before How to Clone Cannabis Plan, Further, we are going to tell you what is the cloning process.
As you all know you can grow Marijuana Plants With Seeds as well as Cloning Process. By using seeds plants undergo the process of Sexual Reproduction where Seeds are created by the Pollination Process. While in the Cloning Process, An asexual reproduction process takes place to grow Marijuana Plants.
Like a seed growing process, The cloning process is also simple. But you must have an eye to pick up a right plant to clone cannabis plants.
You have to select perfect cloning plant and give it the nutrients and suitable environment (Same when you start growing Marijuana from seeds). This thing is so simple about how cloning can be done to grow cannabis.
Both Beginner Weed Growers and Professional Weed Growers can be able to use the cloning process to grow Marijuana Plants. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or experienced, you have to choose the proper sample to grow a cannabis plant.
That’s it, this is the simple process of cloning a cannabis plant. Now we should move on to the next porting which equipment do you need to clone cannabis plants.
You Must Have These Necessary Things To Clone Cannabis Plants
- First, you must have a sample of the Cannabis mother plant. Your mother plant quality depends on the quality of the grown cannabis so you must choose wisely or purchase it from the market.
- You have to cut the mother plant. So take one high-quality scissor and Sharp razor as Sharp Scissors are acceptable for mother plant cutting.
- You will need a Tray of Cubes or independents Cubes. Cubes are needed to put the clone plants in it. Instead of Starter Cubes, You can use Rockwool, Peat pellets or Rapid Rooters.
- Grow lights and medium intensity light is needed. Too mild and too strong lights might affect on the growing the plants. You can choose the best and affordable grow lights from the market.
- Cloning gel or powder, you can go ahead with either one of them.
- Cloning Tray.
- Water Sprayer or Mister.
- Humidity Dome to set a uniform environment for Marijuana Plants.
- Plastic Container or Buckets.
These all equipment are easily available in the market and at affordable price. You can find some of them in your home. If earlier you have tried to grow Marijuana in Grow Room then you must have this necessary equipment. With this equipment, you can start the procedure to clone the cannabis plant.
Following steps will help you to grow a marijuana plant with the cloning process.
Step – 1: You must have a quality mother plant
As you know the mother plant is the heart of the cloning process. With Better and Healthy Mother Plant you will get a Better Marijuana Plant. So you can start the drill to find a quality mother plant.
Clone process must be Sterile, So you should start searching for a disinfected and clean mother plant. Because the cloning process will be Healthy when the mother plant is not infectious or clean. To Plant Marijuana, You must totally make sure the mother plant is without any infections or contaminants.
Finding a clean and quality mother plant is just one of the main process that you must have to follow. Next, you need to check which plant is ready to be cloned. Healthy and Strong plants are beneficial to clone. Preferable plants must grow about to 2 months in the VEG Growth Stage.
Now check for the plant leaves, See if that the cannabis plants leaves must not stick together. The Stems of the plant must be adjusted in the way of alternative. When you check and clear this two checkpoint then your mother plant is ready to clone.
Step – 2: Cutting Process While Cloning
The cutting process is delicate when you try to cut the clone plant. You are ready with the Mother Plant That is a good thing, but now you need to cut the sample plant carefully.
Before you start to cut the sample, you need to read the following tips. Follow these tips and become a clone cutting expert.
- Before you start to cut the clone plant, you need to take out fertilizers from mother plants. Select the date for cutting and make sure before some days of the cutting, you need to stop giving the fertilizers to the mother plant.
- This Process will help the mother plant in fast Vegetative Growth. When you separate the plants from fertilizers, it starts the procedure of removing nitrogen from the Plant and Marijuana leaves. So plants and leaves start to focus on the development of root.
- When you cut the sample, Put this cut sample in water. This trick will prevent the mother plant from bubbles forming on the stem of the Marijuana Plants.
- Cut the clone at 45-degree. Make sure while cutting you have to maintain the cutting angle of 45 degrees. The logic behind cutting it at 45 degrees is it covers a maximum area for the rooting process.
- As soon as you cut the stem, make sure to put it in the gel or the powder to cover up the root airways.
- Check for the strong area of the stem and the lower branch of the plants. Check Which area is very strong, Thick, and Healthy in stems.
- The environment is an important factor in the cutting process of the clone. So check out whether the environment is sterilized and it is not disturbing the plant while cloning.
Well, This is it. Now you are ready to cut the plant.
Cut the stem in the 45-degree, and you know what to do next. Put this cutting stem into the water.
Remove unnecessary leaves from the mother plant, yes, we didn’t need those Extra Leaves.
Don’t remove too many leaves from the plant because you also have to leave the plant for photosynthesis process.
Reducing these extra and unnecessary leaves help other leaves to get enough nutrition.
Step – 3: Medium, Where should you put Cloned Mother?
For cutting clone plantation you need a strong medium where your plant needs a uniform environment to grow up.
After Cutting and Plantation, Mother plants need more humidity and lights 18 hours a day. So, Adjust this kind of environment according to it. For that, you have to choose various methods for root development and growth. Below rooting medium is wildly used. This medium is set accordingly to the environment that the mother plant needs.
Soil is the most important rooting medium. In horticulture, the soil is the medium which the cloning plants need to grow up.
While using soil, you need to follow a simple procedure for plantation. Select the soil which has Minimum Nutrients. Plant it there and keep watering to maintain humidity.
As Plant needs you to have to maintain more humidity. Watering the soil is the best possible way to do it.
To break out the root you have to keep watering in the plant. Suppose you have cloned the plant in the cubes, so to make it grow fast you need to keep pouring water.
This process and the medium is simple you don’t need any nutrients for rooting. Simply just keep watering the plant.
Rockwool is an easily available rooting medium for use and you can purchase it online too. It also has a cheap price. When you start the cloning and you have planted it successfully, then Rockwool is very useful.
Rockwool is a very good medium to retain the water. So, it maintains more moisture in the rooting medium. Also, it gives a good flow of the air.
These are the rooting medium. You have to maintain these mediums according to your place and environment. Check the environment around you and look out for which environment is suitable for the cloning process.
First, you need to maintain the environment which is good for the cloning cannabis plant and then move further to choose the root medium.
Step – 4: Transplanting
You have placed the plant successfully in the rooting medium and you need to take care of the plant. Then it starts the procedure of growing root naturally.
Once you see the root in the cloning cannabis plant. Then you have to transplant them, for transplanting you have to choose rooting medium. it starts to grow quite speedy in vegetative growth. Select suitable kind of the soil and start the plantation of your cloning plant.
Cautions are that you need to choose a sterilized medium where you can keep Watering the plant. We must create an environment which won’t hurt the cannabis plant.
The container is the medium that you can choose in the transplanting process. People really love to transplant the cloning rooting plant in the container.
So you have to choose a big enough container where you can put the cloning plants in the row. The water can stay there for a long time to maintain enough moisture. When you plant the clone plant in the container with the water. You need to take care of its root, it should not be exposed to air. The root must be completely hidden in the container.
After cutting cloning cannabis plants, Transplanting becomes very Tricky and you need to take care of it properly.
Step – 5: Give Proper Care After Transplanting
What if we stop eating food and drinking water? We Can Die, Right? The same thing will happen with the cannabis plant. They will die if you are lazy to care about the cannabis plant after Transplantation.
This process and steps are very simple just you have to look out for plants regularly. You have to check that plant has medium humidity and suitable soil environment.
As we know, humidity is the most important factor, so you can take a water sprayer to Maintain Humidity. You have to use this sprayer certain times in a day. This thing makes better humidity soil and it keeps the leaves of the cannabis plant fresh.
First few days, leaves consume the water from the root if you choose the container medium. The same thing happens, vise versa, they take water from the leaves before the development of the root.
Add slightly light nutrients in the water sprayer. Mild nutrients give extra benefits while growing the plants. But the nutrients must be in control. An overdose of the nutrients spread out can create a problem in the growth.
Now let’s move on the Environment Temperature. Cloning Plants love the Warmer Place where they grow better. So set the temperature between 64 Fahrenheit to 82 Fahrenheit but ideally, it is 72 to 77 degree Fahrenheit.
Grow Lights in the vegetative stage needs to emit 16 hours of light. For the flowering phase, it needs 12 hours of light. Use grow light to give enough lighting in the grow room. If you are growing cannabis plants in the outdoor place then you are totally dependent on the sunlight.
But at the starting of the cloning, it not necessary to give lighting to them. First, for two or three days put cloning cannabis plants in darkness. Then start giving mild lights to the plants. Low-intensity light is recommended.
What happened if you give high-intensity lighting to the cloning plants? It burns out. Yes, cloning plants will start to burn out.
And then grow process of the plantation will stop. Eventually, clones will be fragile before the growing. To avoid this problem you have to use low-intensity bulbs. CFL and LED lights are suitable in that lighting slot.
LED lights spectrum can also be used. But keep a distance from the plant. 30 inches away from the plants is recommended by the growers.
Timing of lighting on and off is necessary. You can put the lights on for 18 hours and off for 6 hours. lightness associated with the darkness is necessary.
This Five stage must have defined what is the cloning process of the cannabis plant. From start to end you need to choose the right things. It is easy if you are doing it with proper care.
Further, we will discuss the advantages and disadvantage of the cloning process of the cannabis plant.
Advantage of Cloning Cannabis
- It is a cheap method. you don’t need any expensive device or breed of seed to grow weed.
- Weed Plants are more sustainable if you grow using the cloning process.
- If you have found these plants gives the best outcome of the weed then you can create the same replica of that plant. How? Create plants as the mother plant and start growing.
- Weed plants are more stable if you grow using the cloning process.
- When you grow weed from the new plant, which is successive of the old one. Then you won’t find any difference between them. When you smoke it you will meet with the same taste.
- From a single high harvesting plant you can create more plants like it and for free.
- As compare to seeds growing, the growth of the plant is faster.
- By cloning, you can maintain the same taste, aroma, flavor, cannabinoid throughout the cloning.
- Once you get mother plant and can grow it better. Then you can create mother plant replica from it like master mother plant isn’t it?
- On Cannabis lifetime cloning can be done at the same stage.
- you can almost get a female plant from its cloning cannabis plant.
- In no time, you can get many free plants from the Cloning cannabis plant.
Disadvantages of Cloning Cannabis
- Taking care looks like a simple process but you have to maintain carefully. Especially when you clone from the mother plant.
- Genetically, you can clone a plant from the clone plant. But you need to carefully grow this plant from it.
- Cloning is not for everyone. Sometimes you will get high narcotics from the cloned plants. This is not for all. Seeds give you much strain then cloning.
- If you clone the plant from the mother plant, in return you will get the same diseases from the mother plant. So you need to take care of pests.
- Interestingly, your cloning part is growing like the same as the mother plant, So if you choose faulty mother plant then it will give you faulty plant and it will be the same for a healthy plant.
- You need to provide protection from the sunlight and proper nutrients. If you don’t maintain then probably plants will die.
- Unhealthy clones will die quickly.
This is how the cloning of cannabis plants is done. The cloning process is not like rocket science, it is pocket-friendly weed growing method. Every method has some advantages and disadvantages so it’s ok to go with cloning if it gives you efficiency. If you are habitual with the same Taste, Aroma, and Feel with that Marijuana Plants, Then you should go for cloning.